Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Crusted Tilapia


Today's dish was one I shared on Facebook recently. (Speaking of Facebook, be sure and "Like" Good Tastes' new page here!) I'm a big fan of fish but was looking for a change-up one night. This recipe takes the mild taste of tilapia and boosts it to new levels with sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese -- two of my favorite ingredients! The oven baked crust makes the fish crispy and rich without a lot of extra fat or frying. I think this crust would also be great on chicken breasts.

Ingredients:

2 Tilapia filets (about 5 oz. each)
1 oz. sun dried tomatoes
4 Tbs. reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
2 Tbs. Italian bread crumbs
1 tsp. olive oil


Cooking Method:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In blender (I used my trusty Magic Bullet), pulse tomatoes, feta and bread crumbs until well blended. It will resemble a moist crumble. Brush baking dish with olive oil. Place tilapia filets in dish and turn to coat in olive oil. Evenly distribute crumble mixture over top of each filet to form a top crust. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until fish is flaky and white.

In the photo above, I served this with the world's best ever broccoli. Seriously. Trust me. Make it TONIGHT. You'll never eat broccoli made any other way. You can find that recipe here from The Amateur Gourmet. (Note: I cut down on the amount of olive oil used and it works just fine and saved some points.)


Servings: 2
Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value Per Serving: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment