Monday, November 28, 2011

Recipe Review: Mini Pecan Pies (Dashing Dish)

I was blessed to have not one, but two Thanksgiving meals to attend this year with my husband's family. Both meals were prepared by wonderful cooks, so all I had to worry about was bringing a dessert. I wanted to bring a healthy option, but one that would not stick out as the "healthy dessert" on the table. You know, the one people pass by on their way to the pies and cakes?


The darling Katie at Dashing Dish comes up with the most creative takes on traditional favorites, allowing you to enjoy the tastes you've always loved while still watching your waist line. I decided to try her Mini Pecan Pies -- and I was NOT disappointed.


These miniature versions of the holiday favorite totally satisfy your sweet tooth. As a matter of a fact, I can't tell the difference at all between the flavors of these and the full-fat, full-calorie, full-guilt original. My family was equally impressed and none the wiser. The recipe is easy, quick and perfect for potlucks, parties and family gatherings.

The best part? These little bite-size beauties are only 42 calories each and only ONE Weight Watcher PointsPlus value. Can you believe that? Even if you indulge and have two or three, like I did, you're still not even a quarter way to the value for a piece of original pecan pie (a whopping 14 PointsPlus!). In my book, that's a win-win situation.

For the recipe for Katie's Mini Pecan Pies, click here, and tell her Good Tastes sent ya!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Teresa! Awesome blog you have here! :) I read your about page and you should be very proud of yourself! :) Way to go girlie!

    Thanks for the awesome review!! Soo glad your family enjoyed them! :) xo Katie

    ReplyDelete